So, in the past week I’ve been nominated for this by several lovely people: Rosemary Marie who writes Noble Doubt, Raymondsanti of Set Apart, Kate from The Loewe Legacy, and Fluffymao of The Mayfields.
–Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
– Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
– Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
– Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
Rosemary Marie’s questions:
- If you had to be named after a city, state, country, etc., which one would you want it to be?
Not sure if it counts, but Athena after Athens, which is already named after the goddess of wisdom.
- Do you have anyone you go to for advice? Online or in person?
- What is your perfect pizza?
I actually like the pineapple and ham pizza! Although, the all-veggie one would be nice too.
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
“More freaking scam callers! Argh!!!” No, but really, those jerks have been calling me non-stop for weeks now, and every time, from a different number. I really don’t know how they even got my number in the first place.
- What is the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?
In theaters, La La Land and it was really good. On TV, I watched Blazing Saddles and Mel Brooks never disappoints.
- If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
A lot. I’d be more social, I’d do my best to try harder in school, take advantage of more opportunities. All that stuff.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid?
A stuffed cat!
- What is the last thing you bought?
An iced coffee drink at the nearby coffee shop.
- Have you ever heard of Euchre, Dutch Blitz or Farkle and do you know how to play?
I know they’re card games, but I don’t think I’ve ever played them.
- How old were you when you last went trick or treating?
Literally never. I’ve never really lived in neighborhoods where a lot of trick or treating went on and there weren’t many kids in our buildings.
- If you could travel in time, would you go to the past or to the future and why?
Depends. Is the future better or worse than the past? But really, provided I could come back to my real time, I’d like to see what the future is like.
Questions from Raymondsanti:
- What is your favorite season?
Winter or early spring. I prefer colder weather.
- Do you have a favorite childhood memory? What is it?
Watching the fireworks on City Day. Everyone would get so excited!
- Do you prefer to write by hand or on a computer?
I’m ok with either, but it’s easier to just type things up from the start, mostly because my handwriting is awful.
- How prepared are you for the zombie apocalypse?
Not prepared at all. And I’m in the highly populated California, so I’m screwed if it ever happens.
- Which character was the hardest for you to kill off?
I haven’t really been in that spot yet. Although, originally, Celeste was supposed to die pretty early on in the legacy, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it.
- What is something you hope to achieve?
Writing something good that makes me famous? Hopefully.
- Paperback or hardback?
Paperback. I prefer to be able to carry my reads around without my bag feeling like a brick. And the paperbacks are cheaper.
- What is something you really want to learn?
Driving? I still need to get my license. I know, I’m way behind on this.
- If you could change one thing about yourself right now, what would it be?
I wish I were more driven.
- Will you post a picture of your favorite animal here?
I really need to get me one of these.
Questions from Kate:
- What was your most memorable dream or nightmare?
Something dark grabbing me in my own home when I was a kid. I was terrified for months if not years afterwards.
- When you were a kid what silly thing were you deathly afraid of?
So many things… Horses, moths, ghosts…
- What is your biggest fear now?
Spiders and bad things happening in the world.
- If you could instantly know how to speak another language, what language would you choose to know?
Armenian. It should’ve been my native language, but I only know a few words and it’s pretty difficult to learn.
- When does time pass the fastest for you and when does it pass the slowest?
Fastest, when I do something I love, like reading, gaming. Slowest, when I’m at work.
- What was the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
A manicure kit when I was 13, but it was pretty useful and I literally used the nail buffer that came with it till I was 22.
- What weird smell do you really enjoy?
- If you could talk to animals, which animal would you talk to and what would you ask?
Birds probably. They fly around and see a lot, I’d ask them what cool things they’ve seen lately.
- Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
I’d rather not be homeless! But in the city, it’d probably be easier to find shelter.
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
That’s a tough one. What happens after we die? Probably that.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?
Hopefully, employed with a good steady job and hopefully in a relationship with someone I’m compatible with. Maybe, I’ll have a kid by then? Who knows?
Questions from Fluffymao:
- What’s your favorite beverage?
Tea in all forms.
- Do you write characters that share your viewpoints or clash? In-between?
Both. Although, it is often difficult to get into the minds of those who differ a lot from me.
- One word: ALIENS! What do you think?
Most likely real. Too many weird sightings to explain them all away as something from Earth. That’s cool though. It would be sad if we were the only ones in the universe.
- To you, what is the best sounding word? What about the worst?
“Serenity” is a beautiful word. And the meaning is nice too. As for words I don’t like, it’s a pet peeve for me when people use “smol” or “tol” for “small” and “tall” I mean, that does not sound cute. It sounds like they can’t spell at kindergarten level.
- Put your rebel cap on. What’s the worst thing you’ve done that you’ve gotten a thrill out of?
I’m boring. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever done something “bad” or “illegal” for a thrill. But then again, I’m the person who used to read during recess. Well, except reading on the third floor of the school when students weren’t supposed to be there?
- You’ve had your fun, but now the psychic police are coming! What do you do?!
That did happen actually – we had one asshole teacher who would give me grief about reading on the third floor. I mean, how awful, someone is reading! Call the police! Seriously, he had a stick up his ass. I guess, usually I’d just move to a different part of the building.
- Do you know your personality type? If so, care to share?
Nope. I don’t know it and I’ve never bothered taking the test. I know my answers would change on a daily basis, so what’s the point?
- Blue. Red. Green. What’s the first thing you think of?
Probably some kids toy. Many of those are in those colors.
- What was/is your most hated school subject? Why?
Math. Especially trigonometry and everything related to it. I could not understand it properly.
- You’ve got to leave to someplace faraway for some reason or another. You’ve got 10 minutes to pack one bag. What do you take?
My documents, some clothes that I can carry with me, and as much money as possible!
- You’re about to die and need to pass on some grain of knowledge for future generations. What do you say?
Treat all the people you meet with respect, regardless of where they come from in life. Also, don’t let hatred dictate how you see the world and how you treat others.
My nominees are:
Matthews Random Legacy by Futurexcarrie
A Graying World by Legendofsim
The Danevbie Legacy by sErindeppitty
Bring Me Back to Life by Dandylion240
The Fey of Life by RipuAncestor
The Kingston Legacy by Lila Remonn
The Rose Legacy by Photosimthesis
Future of the Fae by Ryan795
Different Winters by Lilyshadowriter
My Questions for You! But if you’ve already done a Liebster post, feel free to ignore them!
- What’s the last song you’ve listened to?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Name three of your favorite books?
- How old were you when you had your first crush?
- Every single person you’ve ever had a crush on shows up at your place one day. What do you do?
- Craziest situation that ever happened to you?
- If you could change one thing about the world right now, what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing to do after a stressful day?
- What is your favorite saying?
- What was the best meal you’ve ever had?
- You’ve won an all-expenses-paid trip for a week for any place in the world. Where would you go?